We have received a wonderful response to our Art Camp event. We have reached the safety maximum of participants. At this time, you can add your name to a waiting list. We will contact you if an opening becomes available before Monday early evening.
Add us to the waiting list
Because of COVID-19, we are not able to safely hold Art Camp this summer using the same format as we have in past years. But since we have enjoyed hosting Art Camp so much the last couple years, we wanted to be able to offer something similar that could be done safely. So, on Tuesday, July 28th, we are offering a condensed Art Camp. This means that camp will only be 1 hour long. We will be offering two sessions: 9 am and 11 am. It will be a family style camp, so instead of dropping the children off, we are asking a parent to stay with their child[ren] for the duration of the camp. We invite the parent(s) to help their child with their art projects or do the art projects themselves.
Each camp participant will be able to complete and take home two art projects.
This year the children will be completing some modern abstract art modeled after the work of Piet Mondrian and a Picasso, cubist-inspired portrait.
Each session will also include a brief family devotion and little history on the artist and style of art.
The cost of the camp is $5 per family (not per child).
In the event of bad weather on July 28th, we will move the camp to Thursday, July 30th.
The camp is intended for 4 to 11 year-olds but if an older or younger sibling would like to join, they are more than welcome.
- If you are sick, you are asked to please not attend. If possible, please contact Pastor Mark Westra at the church office (585-381-4670) to let him know before the camp begins and we will issue you a refund.
- We are asking children over the age of 2 and parents to please wear facemasks. The volunteers will all be wearing facemasks.
- Each session will be limited to 5 family groups.
- The camp will be held outside under a tent in the fresh air.
- We will be social distancing between family groups. Each family will get their own table with their own art supplies so that nothing will have to be shared.
When: Tuesday, July 28 : Session 1@9:00AM and Session 2@11:00AM (Rain date: July30th)
Who: Children ages 4 to 11 years old
Registration: $5 per family (to cover cost for materials).
Notes: Please come with facemarks. Parents should plan to stay for the hour. Activity outdoors, under a tent.
We would love to have you join us for a fun time.